Opinion of Market Value
Business Appraisals / Valuation
NorWest Business Sales and Appraisals can provide a professional valuation of your business for a variety of reasons and purposes:
There are three (3) types of Appraisals each with a different purpose:
1. Opinion of Market Value:
This cost effective report is geared toward sellers and buyers of small businesses to establish the current market value of a business; sellers use it to set and substantiate an asking price; buyers use it to evaluate the asking price of a business or to substantiate their offer.
Best suited for:
- Preparing a business for sale
- Analyzing an asking price of a facility prior to submitting an offer
- Phone interview with the client is required
- Pictures of the business required if out of the Metro Portland area
- Financial statements required for the past 3 years + YTD
- Full financial analysis and forecasting prepared
- 7 to 10 days to completion upon receipt of all required documents
- Calculation of Data to arrive at a Market Value
- Comparative sales data utilized
- Personally delivered by NorWest Business Sales and Appraisals – explanation
- I am seriously considering selling. Do I still have to pay for a business valuation? No! For Sellers who are serious about listing their business for sale, we provide an ‘Opinion of Market Value’ free of charge. It is a report that will give you a range of value for selling purposes, indicate the strengths and weaknesses of your business from a selling perspective and whether the business is ready to sell.
Click here to start! Leave us a message with your wishes.
2. Limited Business Appraisal:
A complete appraisal utilizing the most accepted standards of business valuation. We analyze your facility for all 3 approaches (Market, Income and Asset).
Best Suited for:
- Purchase Price Analysis
- Partnership dissolution
- Reallocation of stock
- Transfers within the family
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Phone interview with client required
- Pictures required of out of the Metro Portland Area
- Financial statements with balance sheets required for past 3 yrs. + YTD
- Support of appraisal approaches and conclusions
- National, state and regional economic outlook report
- Industry Statistics comparison
- 14 to 21 days to complete upon receipt of all required data
- personally delivered: (a) one bound report and (b) one in electronic PDF format
Click here to start
3. Certified Business Appraisal
Complete, fully documented appraisal compliant with USPAP, IBA and IRS standards mainly geared toward litigation and taxation purposes.
Best suited for:
- Litigated Divorce
- Gift taxes
- Partner/share holders disputes
- Economic law suits
- Estate planning and Taxation
This level of Appraisal requires a Certified Business Appraiser and is not intended to accommodate the smaller businesses. The price can range from $12,000 to $20,000. If we are called upon to perform such an appraisal, we could consult and pass the project to our Certified Business Appraiser.